Friday, January 13, 2006

Fight Lost

Well I made it to the end of the week - but no more. I seem to have lost about half a stone according to the scales, which is scary in a week, but the last couple of days I've been having bouts of indigestion and, to be honest, I couldn't recommend the food. Bran for breakfast? It's like eating sawdust - not my favourite start to the day, and as for the chocolate energy shake (cocoa, soya protein poweder, peanut butter and water) well, it's as good as it sounds...

I have to say that despite not looking forward to them, the Devilled Eggs were a nice surprise, but the tofu fillets weren't. I found myself dreading the next meal, and that's not the way I want to live.

So I failed. I feel a bit guilty, but to be honest I still can't understand how eating a dozen eggs in a few days can be healthy and this was matched with enormous amouunts of cheese and double cream. I did eat more Tofu this week than I usually eat in six months, so I hope that maybe they mopped up the cholesterol from the eggs. I still have to lose some weight - so I'll go back to the weight-watchers recipe books I have which are wonderful.

On the plus side, I discovered the joy of lettuce once again, so I'll be having more salads, rather than the sandwiches, crisps and chocolate flapjack that I was previously having for lunch, so something good came of it.

But, in my opinion, this is not one of Rose Elliot's better books and may well be heading for a car boot sale in the not too distant future.

No comments: