Sunday, August 31, 2008

Prezzo, Tunbridge Wells

84 Mount Pleasant Road
Tunbridge Wells TN1 1RT Map

www.prezzoplc.co.uk

Prezzo is a national chain of restaurants serving Italian food. Like most Italian restaurants there are plenty of choices on the menu for vegetarians. I've been there a couple of times and had some really good dishes. The Pane Con Cipolla is well worth having. It's garlic pizza bread with caramelised balsamic onions and melted mozzarella cheese and is great to share at the top of a meal. The baked mushrooms on the Antipasti menu are very tasty and last time I went I had the Crespolina Porcini which consists of crepes filled with mushrooms and ricotta in a cream sauce.

One thing to note when tipping in Prezzo is that I have it on good authority that any tips left on a credit card are used to make up the wages rather than go to the staff as an extra for good service. There is new legislation coming in that will help to stop this practise, but now we always check when we eat out and leave cash tips if we are at all unsure as cash tips are not legally the property of the employer and cannot be used this way. There is a good article about it here. Having read it I was disappointed to see that Carluccio's, a favourite restaurant of mine, follows this practice, so I will now make sure to only leave cash tips when visiting there in future.

1 comment:

Timothy said...

I really enjoy going to their restaurants, in my opinion Prezzo is one of the best Italian cuisine restaurants in the UK. Great food(I love their pizzas) at reasonable prices especially with the abundance of specials available.