Friday, May 23, 2008

National Vegetarian Week - Friday

Today is the last day of my Vegetarian Week at work. With apologies to Carol Blymire, this is Gaz Cooks Keller as I decided to do a dish from the French Laundry Cookbook - Parmesan Crisps with Goats' Cheese Mousse.

It's a fairly easy dish to do, just a bit time consuming as you can't do too many crisps at a time or they will go crispy before you get time to shape them. The mousse is straightforward as well and is very tasty.

I also took in some Mango and Chilli Sorbet that I had made a while back. The chilli in it gives a really good "kick" after the sorbet has melted in your mouth, and it was quite fun watching the surprise and delight on my colleagues' faces when they tried it.

It's been a fun week. I've enjoyed cooking the dishes and my workmates seemed to have enjoyed eating them. If nothing else hopefully it's shown that veggie food can be tasty and exciting and is not just lentils, tofu and salad!

No comments: